Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Oct 10
Our client is a multi-divisional company that develops, sources and markets various consumer products lines through a wide variety of retail channels.
The role of an EDI coordinator consists of undertaking the coordination and maintenance of the electronic data interchange with retailers and warehouses. The EDI coordinator must be knowledgeable with the technical concepts of EDI Standards and Partner guidelines.
Solving the EDI production technical problems is one of the major technical responsibilities of this position. However, along with this, he or she is also responsible for developing and maintaining queries, alerts, interfacing with other internal systems, writing reports for proper operational procedures, etc.
The EDI coordinator is also tasked with assisting the IT team with managing and maintenance of the EDI infrastructure.
The EDI coordinator undertakes tasks for the efficient functioning of the electronic data interchange. Other responsibilities are as follows:
• Ensure that all EDI transactions are functional.
• Have a full understanding of all technical aspects of EDI (standards, hardware, software, AS2 and 3
party network options).
• Configure and maintain the ERP database for EDI.
• Maintain the trading partner profile, mapping and cross-reference files, and all other support files.
• Surveys and interfaces with existing EDI trading partners to identify new requirements and opportunities.
• Prioritizes schedules, and track progress on all implementations of various EDI transactions as approved.
• Conduct pilot testing of all EDI initiatives.
• This position is the first level of support for all customers.
• Monitors and takes corrective action on end user EDI problems/questions in a timely manner. Reviews audit logs to ensure completion of transactions (functional acknowledgements).
• Monitor reports daily for system errors to resolve any issues affecting transmissions.
• Coordinate with the employees of the IT staff and vendor to ensure optimum functioning of the EDI system
The EDI coordinator must have sound knowledge about the technical as well as the operational aspects of electronic data interchange.
Desired relevant experience 2-5 years in EDI implementations.
BA or BS Degree in Computer Science or related.
Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Suite.
The EDI coordinator must have very good analytical and communications skills. Along with this, he or she must also possess the following skills:
•Ability to understand trading partner and staff needs; supply chain knowledge is a plus.
•Deep understanding of various business practices in wholesale distribution
•Ability to relate or explain technical information to non-industry personnel
•Very good knowledge of Tie eVsion EDI and ERP software
Working knowledge of BlueCherry ERP and BC EDI a huge plus
Terms of Usage
ConsumerProductsCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)