Prepares cost estimates by analyzing square footage, preparing quotes, and entering them into system as well as supporting the sales representative as necessary.
- SALES REPRESENTATIVE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Aptitude to analyze information, estimate, plan, strategic plan, attention to detail, communicate with others.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Position will require the following physical activities on a regular basis; Standing, sitting, walking, talking, hearing and handling.
- Maximum amount of weight required to be lifted will be less than 25 pounds.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of shop processes.
- Must possess a positive and energetic attitude and the ability to motivate people.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask while meeting tight deadlines.
- Work requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule.
This job description is intended to be a general guideline of areas of responsibility. There will be incidental tasks not listed on a job description that arise to help the product flow and, as a member of the team, each employee is expected to help in as many of these areas as they can.