• Assist in the development of the annual budget plan and execute financial planning cycle duties.
• Review, analyze distribute monthly reports to the management team.
• Work closely with DTC management on sales, marketing and operations functions to improve business profit.
• Work hand in hand with all levels of management to communicate and ensure understanding of financial results.
• Responsible for reporting and analytics related to inventory management and profit and loss variances.
• Review and analyze monthly overhead expenses (to plan/forecast & prior year)
• Provide financial analysis and strategic input on the growth of DTC sales and profitability identifying areas for operational efficiency.
• Prepare financial reports which will include: forecasting; CAPEX reporting; new project appraisal; identifying risks and opportunities to the business by understanding actual results and changes in the external and internal environment through analysis of trends
• Interpret, analyze and summarize forecasted financial information to present to the management team.
• Other special projects as assigned.
• Financial Technical Expertise: Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial models, and analytic tools.
• Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and ability to complete quality work products.
• Execution: Ability to develop plans and deliver results and prioritize in order to meet business objectives.
• Judgment: Relies on extensive experience to plan and accomplish goals. Makes timely and quality decisions.
• Motivation: Highly motivated, self-starter that has high personal goals and expectations and dedication necessary to achieve them.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Senior Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Five to seven years of accounting and financial planning and analysis work experience with a progressively increasing level of responsibility.
• Superior Microsoft Excel Skills
• Preferred work experience in consumer package goods and/or winery industry
• Experience in planning and reporting systems, with JD Edwards and Cognos experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in business accounting or finance
• Due to the commercial nature of this role, strong communication and team skills are essential.