Looking for a solid HR generalist - well run company in Mishawaka, Indiana. Stable workforce and many benefits!
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret and apply governmental laws and regulations, as well as established plant and corporate policies and handbook. Create best in class HR practices.
- Facilitate the employment process for full-time and temporary staffing including recruitment, selection, pre-employment screening, onboarding and benefits administration for new employees.
- Create and revise job descriptions and provide compliance reporting as required.
- Serve as a liaison between employees and the Payroll Department.
- Coach and train supervisors and managers in policies and procedures so that they are confident in handling performance issues, policy violations, and employee development.
- Support employee development activities, such as performance management and supplemental training as required.
- Counsel employees through employee relations issues.
- Create initiatives to support a positive culture and employee engagement
- Provide guidance and counsel to Director of Plant Operations on all human resources related manners.
- Learn and understand the business so that you can partner with the team effectively.
- Maintain close working relationships with the broader Human Resources team.
- Solve problems and get to root causes; design and quickly implement solutions in matters such as employee relations issues, policy violations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business plus 3-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic HR principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state labor laws
- The ability to complete a series of goals and tactics including effective decision-making.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Is a self-aware, self-motivated and self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives when influencing change
- Strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement
- Solid conflict resolution skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional who can maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive issues
- Computer skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software/applications. ADP experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production environment is preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.