4 OPEN POSITIONS
|Position: ||Material Handler/Production Associate |
|Department: ||Extrusion ||Job Status: ||Contract to Hire |
| || || || |
|General Work Schedule: ||4-5 days per week (No set schedule), 12 hour days, . Start times are 3:00pm and 3:00am. |
|Pay- $13.50/hr-- Anything over 8 hrs/day is OT || || || |
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Forklift Experience is NOT needed
Move materials around a warehouse, manufacturing facility, or similar location. Individuals in this position are responsible to safely and efficiently perform a variety of unskilled manufacturing tasks involved in the production of Earthbound Farm packaging. Tasks and duties include loading product, monitoring and manipulating materials at various stages of processing; filling various sized containers; and preparing product for perishable production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Essential Functions Required:
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists, pallet jacks, and forklift.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected; notify supervisors or operators of any malfunctions or safety concerns.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Conduct a thorough forklift inspection prior to operating.
- Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered forklift and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Report any forklift mechanical issues to Extrusion management.
- Immediately notify supervisors of any process deviations from specification or any contamination of product.
- Maintain exterior cleanliness and degreasing of Extrusion equipment.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area at all times.
- Participate in and complete all required training.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Adhere to all Company food safety protocols and requirements; perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body as outlined in the attached Physical Demands section of this position description.
- Proactively assist other employees and team members as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
|Physical Demands ||Lifting / Carrying Requirements |
|Standing ||C (Constantly) ||10 lbs or less ||C (Constantly) |
|Walking ||C (Constantly) ||11 – 20 lbs ||C (Constantly) |
|Sitting ||F (Frequently) ||21 – 50 lbs ||C (Constantly) |
|Hand/Finger Dexterity ||C (Constantly) ||51 – 100 lbs ||O (Ocassionally) |
|Reach - Outward ||C (Constantly) ||Over 100 lbs ||N (Not Applicable) |
|Reach – Above Shoulder ||O (Ocassionally) ||Push / Pull Requirements |
|Climb ||O (Ocassionally) ||10 lbs or less ||C (Constantly) |
|Crawl ||N (Not Applicable) ||11 – 15 lbs ||C (Constantly) |
|Squat or Kneel ||F (Frequently) ||16 – 40 lbs ||C (Constantly) |
|Bend ||C (Constantly) ||41 – 100 lbs ||O (Ocassionally) |
|Twist ||C (Constantly) ||Over 100 lbs ||N (Not Applicable) |
|N (Not Applicable) ||Activity is rarely required or is not applicable to this occupation. |
|O (Ocassionally) ||Required up to 33% of the time (0 to 2 ½ hours/day) |
|F (Frequently) ||Required between 33% to 66% of the time (2 ½ to 5 ½ hours/day) |
|C (Constantly) ||Required more than 66% of the time (5 ½ hours or more/day) |
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception).
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (ear plugs, hard hats, gloves, goggles, and other GMP required equipment; hair net, beard net).
- High school diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- One (1) to (3) years recent forklift operating experience and six (6) months recent experience in a physically demanding occupation.
- Ability to speak, write and read in the English language (i.e. digital displays and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals); Bilingual/Bi-literate English and Spanish skills preferred.
- Basic arithmetic skills including the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and perform basic division.
- This is a heavy labor position. Qualified candidates must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated history of reliably fulfilling obligations and delivering quality results.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Gas and Electric Forklifts.
This is a designated safety-sensitive position. Individuals employed in safety-sensitive positions are subject to periodic, unannounced, random drug tests as required by the Company’s Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Policy. Refusal to cooperate with required testing will lead to disciplinary action up to, and including, immediate termination of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extremely warm temperatures (85-90 degrees F) in a manufacturing facility; regularly works near moving mechanical parts, heavy machinery and forklift traffic; regularly exposed to high noise environments.