Cosmetics, OTC, Medical Device and/or Rx topical product preferred
Position Summary: Designs consumer use – skin care packaging formats to ensure product integrity and appeal under varying shipping, display and usage conditions. Tests, analyzes, and selects packaging materials based on design, functionality, durability and cost effectiveness. Familiar with a variety of the primary and secondary design concepts and test qualification procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned project goals. A wide degree of creativity is expected.
• Bachelor of Engineering degree or related academic foundation with industry experience.
• Experience with Cosmetics, OTC, Medical Device and/or Rx topical product preferred.
• Experience in packaging engineering structured problem solving and use of statistical tools
• Experience in Design for Manufacturing, Design Control, CAPA and audit procedures
• Working knowledge of ASTM standards, testing equipment, validation and protocols
• Successful record of working across various, cross-functional internal and external teams to deliver
meaningful results on time, on budget, and with limited direction.
• Manages all packaging development and improvement projects to meet Company and regulatory needs.
• Creates Project Plans and aligns resources to ensure project milestones are met within expectations of
timeline, quality and budget.
• Remains current on packaging innovation throughout the industry and proliferates technologies within the Company.
• Reviews and approves engineering change orders and packaging process changes.
• Consults with vendors in the development and qualification of packaging components and materials.
• Establishes supplier quality standards and leads supplier audits as needed.
• Maintains accurate and compliant documentation to meet Company and regulatory expectations.
• Creates packaging related SOP’s and Work Instructions.
• Develops and executes test methods, validations, and protocols for packaging development projects.
• Justifies and prepares capital expenditures for new packaging processes and equipment.
• Supports manufacturing issues (ex. CAPA’s audits).
• Fosters high level creativity in the design and development of new/improved packaging processes,
prototypes and projects.
• Works with key internal functions to design packaging through use of structure analyses, test methods, design methods, feasibility justification, and business case processes.
• Drives interaction of key package, product, process and Supply Chain interfaces and incorporates them into packaging design.
This position will report directly to the Vice President - Global Research and Development.
This position is located in Irvine, CA