We have a Production Supervisor position open in Mountain Top PA. Exciting company that is growing and offers a lot of room for growth.
• Ensures that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications and GMP’s.
• Verify, control and assure that all production parameters are within the planed budget.
• Serve as a liaison between Department Managers and Hourly Employees.
• Schedule work assignments, vacations, and days off for the Hourly Employees.
• Verifies labor hours and pay roll report accuracy.
• Responsible for assessing the needs and provide training to employees and document training.
• Responsible for conducting monthly safety and quality sessions as required and keep adequate documented records.
• Resolve team conflict and issue documented disciplinary actions and recognition.
• Set specific and measurable goals for department’s continuous improvement.
• Follow and direct company regulations.
• Accountable for ensuring that all safety policies and regulations are enforced.
• Responsible for safety training, enforcement of safety rules/policies as well as drug control policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years of production experience in a manufacturing plant required. Bakery or food/beverage manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or 4 years as a Lead in production required.
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience and exposure to regulatory inspections (AIB, OSHA, MILITARY, Health Dept., EPA, City & County Inspectors).
• Experience with Quality Systems and Programs.
• Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Team leadership/development skills, including the ability to supervise people in an organization matrix and get the best out of them, successful in building and mentoring high performance teams.
• Maturity, self-confidence and strong communication skills will be critical for this role.
• A multicultural approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within an internationally matrixed environment.
• Able to perform simple analysis.
• Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications.
• SAP & Kronos knowledge preferred.
• Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time.
• Able to work in dusty, noisy, hot, cold and small areas.
• Ability to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.