Currently looking for a Safety Supervisor to fill a position with a non-automotive and non-union manufacturer located in the Gas City, IN area. Interested candidates should have a Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years relevant experience. 2nd Shift.
Responsibilities of the Safety Supervisor
- Update Plant Safety practices documents as directed to create a safer working environment.
- File Worker’s Compensation claims as needed and maintain document files.
- Accompany employees on physician visits or drug screens as needed.
- Assist in safety and technical training as needed and directed.
- Work with EH&S Manager on various projects and initiatives.
- Environmental data entry, monitor reports, and maintain on-site files for inspectors.
- Assist in conducting ongoing safety inspections and audits of facilities, operations, and equipment to insure a safe working environment for employees.
- Maintain updated OSHA and EPA required written programs and recommend/conduct training as necessary under direction of EH&S Manager.
- Assists in Industrial Hygiene monitoring for noise and chemical exposure and maintain files
- Administers and maintains MSDS Programs.
Requirements of the Safety Supervisor
- BS degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Safety Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- 2 to 4 years experience; manufacturing experience preferred.
- Work independently to meet deadlines and reporting goals.
- Track record of successful project management is a plus.
- Must have experience in working in a team environment to meet/exceed goals.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience with implementation and administration of reporting software is a plus.
Compensation for the Safety Supervisor
The starting annual salary for this position is $54,000-$57,000. 15% Bonus, paid bi-annually.