Opportunity available due to upcoming retirement of incumbent
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Consumer Products
- World Leader in outdoor products
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized world wide
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
This position is a “boots on the ground” solving supplier quality issues, not traveling or sitting at a desk SQE position. There is no traveling or very little at best, containment and countermeasures ASAP!
The candidate must have the ability to juggle many balls at the same time, keep operations running and work with suppliers to resolve issues and prevent reoccurrences.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key member of the Quality team with primary responsibilities for APQP activities and PPAP for new projects, continuous improvement of vendors and suppliers of materials, products and / or services. This individual is the technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and our suppliers.
- Lead APQP and Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Audit suppliers for conformance to quality requirements and identify opportunities and weaknesses in processes, delivery, and requirements…and to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Regular communication with vendors to develop, implement and document improvements, drive SCAR’s to closure. Organize and track issues to ensure or improve timely progress on supplier deliverables.
- Responsible for leading problem solving, root cause analysis and skill development at suppliers using Six Sigma tools such as statistical data analysis, Fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction in the use of Quality Systems and tools such as Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA, Work Instructions, Control Plans, SPC, and MSA techniques.
- Smaller sized city located about 45 minutes southeast from the capital city of Columbia and just over an hour northeast of Charleston SC
- Cost of living is 8% lower than the average cost of living in the US with housing being a particular bargain at 27% below the national average
- BS degree in Quality, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years Manufacturing Supplier Quality Experience in plastics & metal fabrications in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Prefer strong Metals Background
- SQ certification CQE, CMQ/QE strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel 10 – 25% with occasional international travel
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Experience. (Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred)
- Knowledge of GD&T & SPC
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in machining, stamping, welding, castings, forging and/or assembly operations.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Competency in drawing interpretation, spreadsheet analysis database research, and presentation skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement quality improvement